Family Lawyers in Mobile, Alabama
If you are in the process of getting divorced or separated in Mobile, Alabama, or have questions about child support, child custody, enforcing a child support order, adoption, separation agreements, modification of an existing Orders of the Court, or other issues related to family law, Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law is a Mobile, Alabama family lawyer who can assist you. Issues pertaining to family law can involve many emotions. While the decision to file for divorce might be a highly emotional decision, it is also important to remember that filing for divorce is a major legal decision that can impact everything from your finances to child custody. Having a family lawyer like Jackie Brown on your side in Mobile, Alabama can help. Contact Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law, a family law firm in Mobile, Alabama today.
What are some areas of family law where we can help you? Family law can be complex. If you are facing a family law issue, Jackie Brown can assist you with:
- Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law can assist you with various aspects of filing for divorce, reaching a divorce settlement, and navigating some of the tough questions that can arise during divorce, like child custody, alimony, child support, and division of assets and debts.
- Separation Agreements. If you and your partner are splitting up, but aren’t quite ready to file for divorce, a separation agreement can be very important in protecting your rights. A separation agreement can help you divide assets, clarify child custody decisions, and address other areas of concern that can arise when a married couple chooses to live apart before filing for divorce. Divorce is a legal process whereby a marriage is terminated. Because separation is often more informal, having a separation agreement in place can be incredibly important. Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law is a family lawyer in Mobile, Alabama that can help.
- If you are getting divorced, you may be wondering whether you are entitled to receive alimony or are required to pay alimony. Alimony is money paid from the higher-earning partner to the lower-earning partner to allow him or her to get on his or her feet, to get work retraining, and in some cases, to maintain a lower-earning partner’s standard of living over a longer period of time. How much alimony you might be entitled to receive will depend on the length of your marriage, the role each partner played in the marriage (did one partner stay home to raise children), the age and health of each partner, the independent income and assets of each partner, education, and each partner’s ability to re-join the workforce, among other things. Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law is a family lawyer in Mobile, Alabama that can assist you with alimony as you file for divorce.
- Child Custody. If you are going through a separation or divorce, one of the most important questions you’ll need to address is child custody and visitation. Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law can assist you with drafting a parenting plan that will be in the best interests of your children and meet your family’s needs. Cases involving child custody can be very emotionally charged and time sensitive. These cases need a comprehensive assessment to determine the legal and factual defenses involving your case.
- Child Custody and Visitation Petitions are filed by non-married parents and even non-parents in cases where the person believes the child is dependent and in need of a custodian. Attorney Jackie Brown, a Mobile Alabama Family Lawyer can help.
- Child Support. Child support money is based on how much money the non-custodial parent earns and how much money the custodial parent earns. Child support amounts will also be based on how much time the children spend with each parent. While child support is determined based on percentages of both parents’ incomes as determined by the Alabama Child Support Guidelines there are situations where a need to deviate from the guidelines may be sought depending on each family’s situation and needs. Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law is a family lawyer in Mobile, Alabama who can help you.
- Bringing a new child into your family can be an important step. However, specific procedures must be followed, and requirements met. Jackie Brown: Attorney at Law can assist you with your adoption.